A C# library for writing cross platform applications with GTK, GStreamer, and more.
A browser extension that makes watching University of Auckland lecture recordings easy.
A markdown-powered word processor for busy people. Written in C and GTK.
Collaborated on the website redesign for the Software Engineering Students Association.
A simple raytracer in exactly 450 lines of C code. For learning about computer graphics.
A library of high quality snippets for common one-off tasks. Created for the 2021 DEVS Hackathon.
cheeses of the world
A website about cheese 🧀. Written with PHP/MySQL for Level 2 Digital Technologies.
A travel website ✈. Written in HTML5/CSS3 for Level 1 Digital Technologies.
November 2022 - Present
Software Engineer — Atlassian
I work on performance, core services, authorisation, and authentication for the Jira product family.
- Made Jira’s calendar widget 40x faster for the most affected customers.
- Migrated Jira from Java Servlets 3.1 to the newer and modern 4.0 API standard.
- Implemented timeout detection and job termination for Jira's new asynchronous multi-tenanted job system.
- Drove a high-impact decision making process for the team, addressing a long-term vision for event propagation within Jira — a key dependency for ongoing multi-year decomposition efforts.
November 2021 - February 2022
Software Engineering Intern — Serato
Worked in an Agile Team on Serato DJ ‐ most widely used DJ software globally.
- Implemented GUI (C++/Qt) and pad mode state machine for Serato Stems.
- Added corresponding hardware support for six controller models.
- Prototyped new waveform rendering tech (OpenGL) and documented proposed architectural changes to inform future work.
March 2020 - November 2023
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
University of Auckland
Specialising in Software Engineering under the department of Electrical, Computer Systems, and Software Engineering (ECSE).
Additional Certificate of Proficiency:
- 2019Accelerated MathematicsUniversity of Auckland
- 2019MicroeconomicsUniversity of Canterbury
Dean's Honours List
Faculty of Engineering
Recognises students who have demonstrated excellence in academic performance by being in the top 5% of their year of study.
Top Achiever Scholarship
University of Auckland
Awarded to exceptional students, who have excellent academic achievement and demonstrated leadership potential. Valued at NZ$20,000.
- 2022Certificate of Oustanding AchievementSchool of Computer Science
- 2019New Zealand Economics Competition (Distinction)Auckland Business School
Software Engineering Students Association
Elected by students as the 2023 SESA President. SESA runs social and professional events for the 350+ SE students at the University of Auckland. I lead an executive team of 16 members running 30+ industry and social events throughout the year.
Web Development & Consulting Club
Jointly organised the largest student-run Hackathon in New Zealand for 2021 and 2022. Over 140+ attendees from industry and academia. This involved liaising with the Venue, Industry Sponsors (such as Atlassian and AWS), Catering, etc.
- 2022Vice PresidentSESA
- 2021Part II Student RepresentativeSESA